Benefits of Black Sesame
Black Sesame has been known as one of the most useful and oldest seeds used by civilizations for centuries. According to the hadith, the Prophet Mohammed is believed to have said: “ In the black seed is healing for every disease except death.” (Sahih Bukhari)
Black sesame is so precious especially in the east of the world that it is used in many different areas, such as flavoring foods, providing essential fats and improving the skin health.
There is one fact that has been mostly underlined in many scientific articles that black sesame has the key role in treatment of many diseases which the body can not overcome alone.Black sesame is rich in three basic natural chemicals thymoquinone (TQ), thymohydroquinone (THY) and timol, which makes it so useful for the body.
Vitamins and Minerals in Black Sesame
As Black Sesame is rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C and H, it protects, nourishes and enriches the skin and metabolism.Black Sesame also consists of selenium, zinc, magnesium and iron. When consumed regularly, it protects the body against diseases and removes harmful bacteria and microorganisms from the body, which prevents the formation of infection and inflammation.
- Decreases the level of blood sugar and thus averts diabetes.
- It has anticancer properties and is of great help in treatment of different cancer types; such as pancreas, prostate, large intestine, uterine and breast.
- It is antioxidant.
- Lowers the level of hypertension and bad cholesterol.
- It will be very beneficial to consume black sesame to get rid of the negative effects of high radiation that is received during chemotheraphy in cancer treatment.
- Starting from the scientific fact that black sesame resolves morphine addiction, it has been said that black sesame can be used against drug addiction.
- Stops tumorigenesis.
- Alleviates the effects of skin diseases; such as psoriasis and eczema.
- Strengthens memory and enlightens mind.
- When mixed with royal jelly or honey, it balances the hormonal production.
- It supports the regular work of respiratory and digestion systems.
- Boosts the immune system and prevents allergy and infections.
- Prevents respiratory diseases like asthma and bronchitis.
- Prevents diseases resulting from bacteria and viruses and heals the existing ones.
- Protects the liver against diseases.
- It has property to kill pain.
- Protects metabolism from chronic illnesses.
- A teaspoon of black sesame a day increases breast milk if taken during breast feeding period.
- Renews cells.
- Dissolves fungus and microbes.
- Dissolves tiredness and keeps the body fit.
- Prevents embolism and arteriosclerosis.
- Draining a drop of black sesame oil into each ear may treat the otitis.
- Draining a drop of black sesame oil into nose just before bedtime may be helpful for those suffering from sinusitis.
- Nourishes and revives the skin.
- When applied on scalp and hair, it revives and boosts hair, accelerates cell renewal; thus makes the growth of hair faster and healthier.
- Stops hair shedding and greying.
- Promotes the healing of skin wounds.
- Massage onto temporal region and forehead with black sesame oil will heal the headache.
- It has the property to prevent and remove intestinal worms and parasites.
- Since it regulates the functions of digestion system, it can be used both for constipation and diarrhea.
- Heals haemorrhoid.
- Since ancient times, swilling black sesame oil around mouth has been a great technique to improve teeth and gums.
- Improves sexual performance and power.
How to Use
- After keeping a tea spoon or dessert spoon of black sesame in your mouth for a minute, you can chew and swallow it.
- You can add a dessert spoon of black sesame in a glass of water, wait for 10 minutes and drink it up afterwards.
- You can add a dessert spoon of black sesame in a bowl of yoghurt and eat it.
Although black sesame is a panacea, it definitely shouldn’t be overconsumed. A teaspoon or a dessert spoon of black sesame in your daily meals will be enough.
Black sesame is not recommended for the pregnant.
If you want to use black sesame oil for your diseases, you must consult your doctor first.
If you are having any medications, don’t you ever use any herbal product beyond your doctor’s knowledge. You may never know how the combination of a medicine and herbal product wil result.